The results revealed that JURA coffee machines (consumer and professional range) are extremely hygienic.
By using modern and innovative technologies, the cleaning programme is perfectly timed at 80°C. This guarantees optimum hygiene and cleanliness, without the need to remove the brewing group and clean it manually. This is why every JURA machine has a maintenance free brewing unit with self-cleaning at the touch of a button, thanks to the integrated maintenance programmes like
- Switch-on rinse
- Switch-off rinse
- Cleaning programme
- Water filter changing programme
- Descaling programme
- Cappuccino frother rinsing/cleaning
- Pressing of the used ground coffee after each serving, to keep the moisture in the coffee grounds container as minimal as possible (the residual moisture runs into the drip tray).
Every automatic machine from JURA has a zero-maintenance brewing unit with automatic cleaning programme at the touch of a button. The automatic cleaning programs should always be run, when it is indicated by the machine. The heart of every JURA machine - the patented brewing unit - as well as all coffee-carrying components are cleaned. By using modern and innovative technologies, the cleaning programme is perfectly timed at 80°C and removes all fats and oils without leaving traces. This high temperature is necessary to achieve the highest level of cleanliness. Also by using the JURA 2-phase cleaning tablets, special active ingredients create a protective seal on the surfaces of the components, providing long-lasting protection from coffee residue and fat.
Cleaning under running water is performed at an average temperature of 40 °C, this water temperature is perceived by most people already as very hot. It is not possible to remove all fats and oils using this procedure.
For perfect coffee in the cup every time, it’s important that you look after your machine on a daily basis and follow some simple rules of hygiene when it comes to milk, coffee and water. JURA recommends the following maintenance routine on a daily basis:
- Remove and empty the coffee grounds container and the drip tray, rinse it with warm water, dried them and put them back in; we recommend to use a light dishwashing detergent.
- Clean the Cappuccino frother after use with the JURA-Cappuccino-Cleaner fluid, dismantle it and let it dry.
- Wipe the machine surface, the coffee spout and the Cappuccino frother with clean, soft, damp cloth
Certifies hygiene by TÜV Rheinland®
Every JURA machine has a maintenance free brewing unit with self-cleaning at the touch of a button, thanks to the integrated maintenance programmes. JURA is the only supplier of automatic coffee machines to be awarded the certificate for high hygiene standards in an independent test by TÜV Rheinland. As part of an independent microbiological test, JURA coffee machines were subjected to daily use for a period of several months while scientists performed analyses on hygiene-relevant components. The tests included all coffee-carrying components such as the brewing group and coffee spout as well as the
- Water tank
- Bean container
- powder chute
- coffee grounds and drip tray
- Cappuccino frother and milk tubes, as well as the milk container.